Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That time that bug got squashed ;)

Ah, another day another dollar. Somehow, I seem to be an English teacher in Ecuador. Its all kinda random how that worked out, but I now teach and assist with English at the Jim Irwin English Institute. Yeah, random I know, but I needed someway to raise money for the Galápagos. Anyways, last Monday was my birthday, November 8th. And, as you can see from the picture, I had a party. It was an interesting party, unlike any birthday party Ive been too, mostly because my face got smashed into a cake, yay. I got some gifts and ate a lot of food, so it was all worth it though. School has been interesting lately. Mostly because I have had more tests than should ever be legal in a given period of time, not to mention the homework. But, I think I have gotten used to all of the homework that I have and the fact that I could have a random test at any given moment in time. So, its a little easier. I got to play paintball this past sunday, which was interesting considering it was pooring down rain and I am in Ecuador. As for the rain, today makes day number five of never ending rain. So its cold and wet. Idk what I am going to do when I get back home and dont have fresh bread and cheese all the time, I have become addicted I think. Today I realized how much I miss Ohio food. And right now all I want are some chili cheese tots from Sonic, weird, but when you crave, you crave... white castle Im doing okay without. Other than that, everything has been going fairly well. No lost limbs or major injuries,so we are all doing okay. I have to go now but I will try not to make it so long until my next post, luckily our neighbors are home a lot more often now ;) Until next time, goodbye and farewell.... oh, and if you are ever in Ecuador, and you order cake, dont be surprised if you are brought a mixture of fried white carrots and cheese covered in sugar... yeah, you know :)



2 comments:

  1. Awesome pic bro! Looks like you enjoyed your birthday!!!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pic nathan!!! looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete